WAHM Interview: Chatting with Len

When I first started contemplating if I could be a WAHM I always hesitated because I wasn't sure if I could make it work and I didn't know anyone who actually worked at home and made a comfortable living.

I hope the interviews here will inspire you to take that step and fulfill your dream of being a work at home mom.

************

Len manages a franchise of a well known burger chain called Brothers Burger located in Katipunan, Quezon City. It has made her WAHM life ideal since she is able to work her schedule around her kids which is what work at home mothers aim to do. She has been successful at handling their business and being available to her children. Read more to learn how the WAHM life is treating Len.



Age: 34
Number of children: 3

What has been the best experience of being a work at home mom? 
The best thing about being a work at home mom is you get to experience the best of both worlds without compromising quality time with the kids. Since I have flexible time, I can bring my kids to school, pick them up and help them with their homework.

How long have you been a WAHM?
I have been a WAHM for four years now.

What made you decide to become a WAHM?
I used to be a SAHM when I had my first child and when she started schooling I also started handling our business to help my husband to keep myself busy while my daughter’s in school.

What would you say are the challenges of being a WAHM?
There hasn’t been so much challenge for me since I can easily arrange my schedule. There are times though when I am caught up at work till afternoon or evening, during these times, monitoring and tutoring my daughter becomes a challenge because by the time I get home, she’s sleepy or too tired to review with me. When some of them are sick, of course they are my priority so I just call the restaurant to check and view the CCTV cameras every now and then.

What are the three things you need to be a successful WAHM?
To be a successful WAHM, one must be patient, flexible and creative. Trying to stick to your planned schedule is going to help you get all of your many daily tasks done. However, you do need to prepare for the fact that at one point, something will come up and they will throw your schedule completely off track. Like, if your child just keeps pulling at your pants and wanting all your attention? This is when you know it’s time to take a break and give your child the undivided attention that they need and deserve. After all, one of the main reasons you chose to be a WAHM is to give time to your loved ones while earning at the same time. You also need to be creative when it comes to thinking of tasks that you can give your kids to keep them busy while you're working. 

What is a normal day for you?
On weekdays, I usually start my day at 5am. I'll have my quiet time, then prepare breakfast and kid's snacks for school. Then I'll prepare the kids and bring them to school, usually with my husband. While waiting for the kid's dismissal, I go to the restaurant to check on it. Sometimes I would go back home after dropping the kids off school to spend time with my youngest. If I am at home by 11am, I prepare lunch and feed my 2 toddlers. After lunch they are usually sleepy so I put them down for a nap. I will then pick up my daughter in the afternoon then go back to the restaurant. By 5:30, I have to head home to prepare our dinner, yes, I don't let our helper cook our food. It has to be me and only me.

How has being a WAHM changed your life?
Working and being able to take care of my family at the same time has given me a lot of satisfaction. Knowing that I can help my husband while caring for the kids gives me joy and the sense of fulfillment is always there. Seeing my kids happy because I can attend to their needs anytime is something that I wouldn't want to exchange for any higher paying full time job because the happiness that I can get from being a WAHM is priceless.

Words of encouragement for wannabe WAHMs?
Being a WAHM is not an easy job, but any mom that I know would do their best to make time for their kids. Once you see your kids' eyes light up because they see you spending more time with them, the joy is overwhelming. You will have the best of both worlds and the most important thing is the happiness that no amount of money can buy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Click Advertise on My Blog